Mercedes-Benz debuts the ultra-luxurious ‘Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’ in India
Sets a new record by selling the entire 2021 allocations before launch
Mumbai, NFAPost: The country’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz broke into the ultra-luxurious SUV segment with the introduction of the first-ever SUV in its Maybach range of vehicle ‘Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’.
‘Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’, the ultra-luxurious SUV from the stable of Mercedes-Benz sets a new record by selling the entire 2021 allocations before launch.
Apart from being the first Maybach SUV, the GLS Maybach 600 will only be the second Maybach model to be rolled out in the Indian market, following the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class.
The country’s largest luxury carmaker’s introduction of the first-ever SUV in its Maybach range of vehicle Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC that gives unmatched exquisite offerings to Indian customers.
All the 50+ units of the ‘Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’ have been booked even before the market debut. According to company sources the next set of ‘Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’ will be customised and delivered to customers by Q1 2022.
• Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC is the brand’s first-ever SUV offering in the ultra-luxurious ‘Mercedes-Maybach’ range
• Spacious interiors exude high class with the finest appointments
• Features ultra-comfortable reclining, climatized, massage seats at the rear
• Class-leading noise insulation technology creates a cocoon-like feeling
• AIR-BALANCE active fragrance package elevates the luxury ambience
• A dedicated Maybach drive program for the suspension and powertrain offers rear-seat passengers the ultimate in ride comfort
• Standard MBUX rear seat tablet allows passengers to intuitively control comfort and entertainment functions
• Standard 55.9 cm (22-inch) Maybach multi-spoke light-alloy wheels including fully integrated wheel bolt covers adds a unique design quotient
• Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC prices start from Rs. 2.43 cr ex-showroom India
Launching this one-of-a-kind ultra-luxury SUV in India, Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO Martin Schwenk commented the company is excited to introduce the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC to India.
“The Maybach brand represents the pinnacle of luxury and this SUV will elevate customer experience to an unmatched level. It blends classic old-world charm and supreme comfort with the most cutting-edge technology to redefine the luxury experience on wheels,” he said.
Martin Schwenk said luxury motoring with an SUV in India is reimagined with the introduction of the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC. “We are now glad to hand over these SUVs to discerning customers who have expressed exceptionally high interest in this fine model that rewrites expectations in the luxury SUV segment,” said Martin Schwenk.
The country’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has witnessed a strong demand for its products as the company finds the hope and aspiration of its customers remain unbroken.
“With this positivity, we look at restarting and ramping up our business in phases, in sync with the unlocking of different markets. Our 2021 product strategy remains on track and we expect further uptick in demand, especially for top-end products. The market outlook also remains positive at this point and we continue to stay optimistic. Our customers can expect more product introductions across segments in the coming months,” said Martin Schwenk.
New benchmark in luxury:
The very definition of style and status, the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC will introduce Mercedes-Benz customers to the new benchmark in luxury SUVs.
First-class private jet like individual rear seats*:
• Can be reclined by 43.5 degrees | Pushed back by 120 mm
• Electrical adjustment with memory | Electrically extending leg rest
• Rear comfort package plus features | Chauffeur function | Climatized outer seats
• Multicontour seats with massage function | Wireless Charging | MBUX rear tablet
• Pre-Safe® Function
Folding table at the rear*:
• Two folding tables at the rear transforms the Business Console of the First-Class rear suite into a comfortable work area.
• The stowage trays provide space for a notebook or documents. To match the refined environment they are finished in high-quality leather.
• The refrigerated compartment is incorporated harmoniously into the rear armrest. There is an option for:
o Interior lighting
o Mounting option for two champagne flutes*
Dedicated Maybach Drive Program:
The Mercedes-Maybach features the AIRMATIC air suspension with Adaptive Damping System Plus (ADS+) as standard. A dedicated Maybach drive program for the suspension and powertrain meanwhile offers rear-seat passengers the ultimate in ride comfort, while a standard MBUX rear seat tablet allows them to intuitively control comfort and entertainment functions from the back seat.
E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL
E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL acts to optimize driving feel, yet minimizes the motions felt by passengers. Superior handling in every situation, it is the synthesis of comfort, precision and dynamism – combined with unique off-road qualities. Users experience the first-class effects of a modern, fully active suspension designed to compensate for pitch, roll and shocks.
Enables customers to use three innovative functions: the ROAD SURFACE SCAN, the Active Curve tilting function CURVE and the Recovery mode.
Technical specifications: Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC
Displacement 3982 cc
Rated output 410 kW (557hp) at 6000-6500 rpm
Add. output with EQ Boost 16kW (22hp)
Rated torque 730 Nm at 2500-4500 rpm
Add. torque with EQ Boost 250 Nm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 4.9s
Top speed 250 km/h
Length/width/height (in mm) 5205/2030/1838
Wheelbase (in mm) 3135
Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC’s numerous designo equipment list (optional)
Designo paints | Maybach dual-tone paints | designo leather package | designo exclusive leather package | 23-inchm (58.4 cm) Maybach multi-spoke light-alloy wheels | Urban Guard Protection package | Head up display | MAGIC VISION CONTROL | ENERGIZING package | ENERGIZING package plus | Refrigerated compartment | Folding tables in the rear | Luxury individual seats | E-Active Body Control | MBUX Rear Entertainment System | Burmester high-end 3D surround sound system | Driver Assistance Package Plus with PRE-SAFE® Impulse Side
One of the safest SUVs on the road:
Driving Assistance package:
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC | Active Lane Keeping Assist | Active Blind Spot Assist | Active Brake Assist | Active Steering Assist
Other safety features
Adaptive High beam Assist Plus | Adaptive LED tail lights | 8 Airbags | Tyre Pressure Monitoring System | Parking Package with 360-degree camera | Electronic Traction System 4ETS (4MATIC+) | Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) | Off-road driving mode | PRE-SAFE® system | Mercedes-Benz emergency call system | Carwash mode | Attention Assist | Retractable Maybach running boards
Upholstery options in the GLS Maybach 600 4M
• Black Nappa leather standard
• Nappa leather- Mahogany brown/macchiato beige standard
• Nappa leather – designo Crystal white/silver grey pearl optional
Trim options in the GLS Maybach 600 4M:
• Anthracite open pore oak wood trim standard
• Brown open pore walnut wood trim standard
• designo high-gloss black flowing lines piano lacquer optional
• designo high-gloss black light lines lime wood optional
Shekhar Das Chowdhury | email@example.com | +91 98508 36477
Ishan Kadam | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 88888 91048
About Mercedes-Benz India